Thank you to the wonderful Cupid or Cats blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award – I’m totally flattered and thoroughly pleased. Apparently I now have to fulfill certain criteria in order to claim the award. The rules are:
– the bloggers that have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them
– nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them
– those nominated must choose eleven of their fave bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions
– when you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you
– after nominating your faves you need to drop them a comment telling them that you nominated them.
1. If you could live underwater instead of on land, would you?
No way. Whilst I love swimming in the sea, I get completely freaked out by what lives in it. (Got attacked by a sea snake once – horrid thing!)
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. Very fussy about both.
3. What would you like to achieve most of all this year?
My focus will be on completing my MA in Creative Writing and having a publishable manuscript by the end of the year.
4. Would you choose comfort over style?
Never! Well… maybe if I’m really ill.
5. What made you decide to blog?
Because I finally feel ready to take the plunge and let people read my work. I’ve spent too long hoarding my writing away in a million notebooks over the years; time to set it free .
6. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
Jeez – so many! I think getting hypnotised on stage as part of one of those comedy hypnosis shows was the worst. He had me doing some really humiliating things. Afterwards I felt exploited and abused, and very embarrassed.
7. If you had a parrot, what is the first word you would teach it?
Tempted to say a really offensive swearword, but I have kids. With them in mind ‘Stoppit!’ would probably be best for the parrot.
8. What would you like people to remember you for?
The easy answer is writing, but I’d prefer to be remembered for making a difference in people’s lives in someway. That’s why I became a teacher but I’m not sure that’s the path for me anymore. I may retrain as a drug and alcohol counsellor for my day job. Dunno. Maybe. I think writing can make a difference too. I guess I’ll find that path when I’m ready for it.
9. What are you afraid of?
My children being harmed.
10. Do you have a pet?
11. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
That I’d worked harder on my writing earlier in life.
Here are my Nominees:
1. Zildchurch.com – a reflective and interesting blog. Some lovely writing here.
2. hoosiersunshine13.wordpress.com – Because of the Vonnegut quote (very cool).
3. electrichaggis.com – entertaining. A scot in America.
4. backwordswriter.wordpress.com – because I love it.
5. donothingtaker.wordpress.com – doesn’t hold back.
7. thepenspeaksbetter.wordpress.com -because I love it.
8. thisdayonly.wordpress.com – looks at a subject I care about
9. yogatoendaddiction.wordpress.com – as does this
10. graviloquence.wordpress.com – as does this
11. thisocalledlife.com – can’t find how many followers, so it may be over, but its a good blog anyway.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. Where do you tend to do most of your writing?
2. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?
3. What’s the song you keep listening to the most currently?
4. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
5. If you could relive any age, which would it be?
6. What book are you reading at the moment?
7. In your opinion, do aliens exist?
8. In your opinion, do ghosts exist?
9. What’s your ‘go to’ comfort food?
10. Who is your embarrassing celebrity crush? (C’mon, we’ve all got one.)
11. Crossword or Sudoku?
Check out the blogs and their answers.
Once again, thank you Cupid or Cats.